At MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach, we’re dedicated exclusively to the quality and compassionate care of kids and expectant moms.
Only five percent of all hospitals are children’s hospitals, making them unique not only to children’s health care needs in the community, but across the region. We’re one of only eight free-standing children’s hospitals in California.
We’re a not-for-profit, pediatric teaching hospital that treats more than 13,000 children each year in the hospital and has become a regional pediatric destination for thousands of children, who need specialized care in our Outpatient Specialty Centers each year. Our Cherese Mari Laulhere BirthCare Center delivers more than 5,000 babies each year and receives nearly 100 transported high-risk moms. More than 850 pediatric specialists and sub-specialists, as well as nearly 100 OB/GYNs, including 10 high-risk pregnancy specialists (maternal-fetal specialists), ensure that the highest quality, compassionate care is given to each patient and their family.
Patient and family centered care is a cornerstone of our care. Our care teams and physicians understand that parents and families are an important part of the health care team and help improve recovery times. Child life specialists help patients adjust to their hospital stay and maintain their daily, normal childhood activities. Family resource centers, parent mentors and parent advocates are available to ease the anxieties for hospitalization for the entire family. We value patient safety and ensures that quality initiatives are met.
Part of MemorialCare
We’re one of eight free-standing children’s hospitals in California, and the only one of its kind in a major health system, such as MemorialCare. We embody MemorialCare’s core values which are integrated through the MemorialCare iABC’S: integrity, accountability, best practices, compassion and synergy.
By the Numbers
- 357 licensed pediatric and women’s beds
- 13,317 pediatric admissions
- 4,674 pediatric surgical cases
- 30,672 pediatric ED visits
- 5,311 births
- 851 NICU babies treated
- 1,500 patients treated in the PICU
- 69,197 outpatient clinic visits
- More than 850 pediatric physicians representing 32 different sub-specialties (hospitalists, intensivists, oncology, cardiology, ortho, etc.)
- 850+ pediatric registered nurses
- 18 California Children’s Services (CCS) Centers
- Provided care to women and children from 250+ cities and 500+ ZIP codes