The high-risk maternal/fetal Transport Program at Miller Children’s makes transferring high-risk patients into the BirthCare Center easy for referring hospitals.
One phone call to (877) MCH-QUIK puts the multi-disciplinary transport team into action. The Miller Children’s team coordinates all aspects of the transfer, including securing the ambulance, arriving with the perinatal transport team at the referring hospital and transporting the patient.
Why Request a Maternal Transport to the BirthCare Center at Miller Children’s?
- A perinatologist, neonatologist and anesthesiologist are available in-house, 24/7
- 69-bed level III NICU, offering specialized care for very low birth weight and critically ill infants
- Nearly 100 board-certified obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists and perinatologists on medical staff
- The BirthCare Center at Miller Children’s has been recognized by the State of California as one of the safest places to have a baby
- The BirthCare Center provides women with special perinatal care in the Perinatal Special
- Specialized programs for high-risk moms and their babies
- Complete pediatric sub-specialty care
- Inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding support programs
- Sweet success diabetes in pregnancy program
- HIV prophylaxis program
- Perinatal/neonatal bereavement care
- California Children’s Services (CCS) provider
For more information on high-risk maternal/fetal transport services, view/download the Miller Children’s maternal/fetal transport brochure.
Send Feedback about a High-Risk Maternal Transport.